Sunday, January 22, 2006


Makeup... ACTION!!!

4 yr olds, Ruby and Linda, sat patiently through rehearsal while the other classes ran through their one-hundredth rendition of Peter Pan, Snow White, the Rabbit's Liver, and other hits in Saturday's Musical. They were SO well behaved despite the grueling hours and pounds of makeup applied for the show.

Even Ned was wearing makeup, but he still gets the ladies. Lucy is an odd little lady ... she sat through many rehearsals of our closing scene as the only child turned around and staring at the teachers. If she ever joined the singing it was a loud "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" through all three songs that somehow drowned everyone else out. But on the actual day she pulled through. Wish I could say the same for our "sound man". He messed up SO many times it's embarassing.

Berkeley class was adorable, of course, and performed perfectly. Even when the music cut out (for like 3 whole minutes) these toddlers just stopped in their positions and remained perfectly still. It got awkward after a bit, so they gave little waves to the audience and curtseyed. I, on the other hand, wasn't as comfortable with my sticks in the air during the Korean drum performance "nanta" for our one-minute of silence.

Here is Jana, beautiful and prepared, as always. And Andy, looking less than enthused.

I only wish they had these Korean Costumes in teacher's sizes. I have great shots yet to download that I will add later.

The Ugly Duckling was performed by my main class (Yale). They did very well, after a month of training with Jin (their Korean teacher). I first discovered they were doing this particular skit when I walked into class one day and Chris said, "You are SO ugly." and Eric said, "Yeah, go AWAY, we don't want to play with you!" I didn't know if I was more shocked at their insults or their impeccable english. Then Amy said, "No, you are BEAUTIFUL." I wasn't surprised by her sweet behavior, nor by her articulacy. But then she said, "A beautiful SWAN." I knew then she was quackin' up. She played the ugly duckling by the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home