Wednesday, December 21, 2005



Girls Night Out = me dancing like a wild child while other girls cry about boys. Life's too short for that. This was a happy gals only photo.

Occasionally, I go out in Daejeon. I don't like most "foreigner bars" or "Western bars" because I feel like I'm in a meat market. I actually had a guy tell me this weekend that he doesn't like "Korean girls". I told him he was in the wrong country. Some advice for you men: if you're ever hitting on a female and feel the need to say, "I probably sound really pathetic right now." ... YOU DO!!! I've now officially heard that line in 3 countries. Usually, I start the conversation with "I'm not telling you my name, I'm not giving you my #, and I'm not sleeping with you." Then end the conversation with, "I'm not playing hard to get; I'm NOT INTERESTED!!!"

When I do go out, it's with these girls from Canada. They are a blast. Lindsey (the other girl with a drink in hand) is throwing a Christmas party at her apt. and I'm having a New Year's Eve bash. (solar) It just dawned on me that we won't be watching the BALL DROP on my t.v. but we're trying to set up nori bong (like Karaoke) and there will be lots of pizza, beer, and soju.

About 15 of us are going to the GREAT WALL for "Chinese New Year". We get time off from teaching for the Lunar new yr (Jan. 30th) so we've signed up for a 3-day package to China.

Tonight is the VIP party at a new sports bar opening up downtown. Some guys we know are opening it friday (under a Korean's name b/c you have to be Korean to own a business in Korea) and they want to know what we think about the menu. I love it already, they have VEGGIE BURGERS and VEGGIE LASAGNA. I don't think those items EXIST in Korea at the moment.

The 2 bars we currently go to (downtown) are
J ROCK and the ZOO BAR.
Here we are playing QUARTERS with the owner of zoo bar, "Dragon". My hometown friends would find it interesting that the 100 won coin is m
uch easier to bounce than U.S. quarters. Lindsey and Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home