Saturday, November 05, 2005

THANKS
This trip has made me realize a lot. Some things, it's just made me appreciate even more than I already did: like the wonderful people in my life. I have some of the most amazing friends and I'm thankful for it every day, but I just wanna take a minute to thank some of you individually.
To my family, my best friend Debbie, and Mario... thank you for EVERYTHING. The site isn't big enought to mention details, but you have been there through everything, from supporting me in this adventure to making me happy in general over the years. Love you long time.
These are a few people whose thoughtful gifts have helped so much in these first few months of Korea. (sorry if I leave anyone out, but the gold statue's getting heavy and the lights are bright up here):
Tina : Without the C.D. you made me, I couldn't mop my apt. while screaming "I like to move it move it" and drinking cheap champagne.
Phil : Thanks for opening so many doors for me. Not only did our voyage overseas make me realize that there's too much in this world to sit in one state (whether that "state" be a comfort pacified by mundan routine or NY.) That trip also created beautiful photos, beautiful memories, and a passport that's good til 2008. I wouldn't have been able to jump on this opportunity w/o a passport.
Wally: oh, American candy. What would I do w/o chocolate and real gum? I couldn't get the vitamins I need over here (B12 is unheard of b/c vegetarians are unheard of and it's a vitamin that comes from MEAT) Not to mention the other things I need and Wally's world was kind enought to send overseas. The funny emails and health tips are equally appreciated. Thanks for making me smile.
Barbara: The HEARO earplugs will be treasured forever. Swimming has always been my thing and I've had ear problems since I was a toddler (surgery & all). Thanks to you, I can swim like a normal person now and the koreans don't look at me funny for jumping up & down on one leg. Just for being blond. And thank you for all our great talks at the pool, I miss them. The pool club members were a great part of my life before I left NY and I can't wait to join the luncheons again!
Jenn & Rian: I keep calling this "an experience", but thank you for including me in your experience just before I left. It means the world to me. AND, thanks for looking up vital info on the computer the day before my flight. I might've ended up in NORTH KOREA otherwise.
Angela: Thanks for being the responsible one in the family. You taking care of my bills and whatnot is the biggest help. I would've said you were included in the opening statement (the "family" part) ... but you were adopted. Ha Ha Ha!
Mary & Theresa: What I miss most about America is the food. THANK YOU
Sue: Thanks for the Korean culture book, ( u 2 tina) I've avoided culture shock and not stepped on anyone's little toes. You and your family are great people.
Mike: thanks for the fuzzy red sox blanket and hat - they will keep me warm through this approaching winter. The Halloween cd for the kids was priceless too!
Helping me set up this site and charging my ipod. Jeez, you're a good guy!
And thanks to the many who keep offering to send me packages. "I'm fiiine, thank you." Thanks to the 2 people who offered to buy my ticket home if this didn't work out. Thanks to everyone for keeping in touch and being the kind of people you are.
ya know what, while I'm at it.... thanks mom. For teaching me to care about people, but not what people think. For raising me to be an ignorant child - ignorant of "differences" in society. For going with less food on your plate so I could have more on mine - and making me appreciate things in life only a "poor" child can appreciate. Thanks for filling our home with animals and love. Thanks for not babying me, but ALWAYS letting me know you were there for me 100%. Thanks for all the double stuffed orios and beating up my middle school principal.
You are all in my thoughts and I miss you.
(But this will be the ONLY sappy moment you witness for years.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home