Tuesday, October 18, 2005





Traditional Homes

We brought the little ones, now being raised in a society flooded with Western Culture, to see what life was like only 30 years ago for some of our teachers. Life is STILL like this for some people in Korea today. I WISH I was placed in a traditional house; my apartment's nice but these houses are SO much cooler! Take a look at the architectual designs - always loved the roofs. There's a park in my area with houses built in 1643, still in great shape. Now, they're putting up sky scrapers in days. Scary. They built a restaurant next to my building in 3 days!
The children are sitting on Pots that held food. Everything done by hand, no McDonalds drive tru back then. The teacher in the photo is Dan, we like to call him "no pants dan". He and his fiance, Greer, are from New Zealand. They're what my mother would call "good people".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home