Tuesday, October 18, 2005




Wedding

Since I've been at "Little America" ( 2 1/2 months now) we've had 3 receptionists. Why? Because most women in Korea still quit their jobs when they get married to become housewives. This is Daisy. (well that's her English name) She was the receptionist when I arrived - GREAT GIRL, very good w/computers & other modern technology (which came in handy for me, don't know how I created this blog). We were sad to see her go but happy she invited us all to her wedding. This was the western style ceremony (the korean part was family only). It was a GORGEOUS fairytale wedding, but there were a few things I didn't understand. Like why EVERYONE was talking loudly while they were saying their vows. Why there was another bride waiting in the room to get married, like a pitcher in a bullpen, why the huge chandeliers started flashing like disco balls after they said "I do", and why everyone got lunch tickets and ate at a buffet with the guests of 4 other weddings. The best part was the display of wedding photos upon entering the hall. There were about 10 beautiful professional photos of the couple, some of the BEST I've ever seen. Each shot more elegant than the next, except the one with them both wearing tight leather, her on her knees in front of him standing w/some kind of whip???? What? Actually, it was a tough call b/t that and the boy with the rainbow mullet. I know you love that one Ang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home