Wednesday, November 02, 2005



SCARY
I usually do "sexy" for Halloween (which happens to be the SAME word in the Korean language). Last year I was "tough kitty" and the year before that, a playboy bunny. Didn't think either of those would be appropriate for the children, so I decided to scare the crap out of them instead. The school wants them to experience a true "American Halloween" anyway. So I dressed all in black, dyed the hair dark for a day, put in some plastic fangs a friend sent me, and pulled a peel-off face mask partially off so it looked like my skin was rotting. Of course there was LOTS of black eyeliner and a little "blood" on my chin. I greeted all the teachers by waiting on our floor and AS SOON as the elevator doors opened, I lunged at them and screamed. Made a few kids cry and accidentally got some strangers who were merely on their way down to the 1st floor. They don't celebrate Halloween in Korea, so they were like, "What the...?" and frantically pushed the buttons. WOOPS! The other foreign teachers had great costumes too - Taunia & Greer were witches ( so was Ruby, see above, she's a favorite of Greer's and mine) I'm sure you can guess which one is Dan. We did a haunted house: dark lights, jack-o-lanterns, scary music. We hid and jumped out at them once they entered and eventually handed out candy. During our lunch break, I went to the hardware store and bought some rope to HANG myself for the older kids. I must say, this was probably my funnest Halloween EVER!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home