Monday, January 02, 2006

















It was midnight in Korea and we couldn't watch the ball drop ... so these gentlemen all dropped their PANTS instead!!! Gotta improvise, ya know. Interesting underwear to match their interesting personalities. It wouldn't have been a party without these 3 stooges; they're HYSTERICAL and it seems the drunker they get, the funnier.
left-right (Mike, no pants Dan, and James)
above (the blond is Kendra, who is engaged to James, & the 2 girls are their friends from Canada out for a visit ; alcohol consumption has made me forget their names. really nice though)


As an American, I had to supply Budweiser at my party. It went over well, especially with my boss. My boss showed up with his wife and their daughter. They brought me a HUGE bouquet of flowers and a bunch of fruit. They stayed til 11:30pm, then went home to hear the bells ring. I'm glad they weren't around to see the balls drop. We saved most of the drunken behavior for 2006 !!!
(bring in the new year right)

Around 3:30am we were all still having fun and had some booze left, but we decided it was time for the bar. Seeing this blog entry will totally depict me as an alcoholic, I might as well elaborate on the supply of beverages we had at my apartment. 1st thing we did was make VODKA SOURS. My girls from Canada stopped by (dressed to impress) and Greer and I busted out the sour mix packets my friend Wally sent from America. (he's the best btw) So we had a few of those, then there was the bud, the korean beer(Hite), and the SOJU. You can't drink in Korea and not include SOJU. Then James & Kendra brought over Whiskey, Bourbon, Malibu, and juice. I had koolade for the kids and let the puppies run loose. (everyone had fun with them). We had pretzels, chips & salsa to counteract the alcohol. "Salsa" means diarrhea in Korean. We got a few pizzas and I spoke korean to the delivery guy, he spoke English back. Ah, assimilation. It'll be the last pizza I have for a while. Why?

New Year's RESOLUTION: Every year I make a half hearted attempt at doing something different to become a better person. It's kinda hard when you're so damn perfect. But those things I've tried to change never last long. In the past my resolutions have been to stop being such a bitch or stop spending so much money. This year I tossed a coin b/t 2 things I'd like to give up: baseball and dairy products. Literally, I flipped a coin. I'm disgusted with baseball ever since the Yankees bought Johnny Damon - the mascot of their rival team (a good team player I really thought was in it for the SPORT of baseball.) but the evil empire strikes again! I think they should end TRADING in baseball. Anyway, I'd like to give up the little bit of following I do with the sport b/c it makes me angry, but I'd have to discard my big soft Red Sox blanket from MIKE and my Fenway poster from Gina and my hats and shirt.... that would be sad. So I thought about taking the extra step to veganism instead. It's hard enough finding food in Korea as a vegetarian, but I've lasted over 5months now (unlike the many others I've met who've fallen off the wagon.) Seeing I don't have all the yummy options of vegetarian food I had in the U.S. I might as well give up animal BY-PRODUCTS at the same time. I've tried this once before and it lasted 2 weeks. Let's see if I can break my record. And I don't care what you think, I don't tell you what to eat.
(see, still a bitch.)

New Year's in New York: I called my best friend and family back home when the ball dropped there. Greer and Dan invited me over to watch the craziness in Manhattan on CNN (2pm the next day our time). I miss everyone back home and wish I brought in the New Year with Debbie (tradition) but I'm having a good time with the people I'm meeting here. Which leads me to mention Sean. He's the photographer of the bunch, so I owe him a thanks. Some think I owe him an apology as well. Naaaah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home