Thursday, January 12, 2006



Thailand That's where I want to go. I will go before I leave Asia; it's my kinda place. I believe South Korea is one of the best places to teach abroad (economically for sure, it's safe, friendly, industrialized) but it isn't the best vacation spot. I want to go somewhere HOT and bath with elephants during my break from teaching. I had planned on going there for my winter break at the end of this month, but I'm going with friends to the Great Wall instead. It was a tough decision, but I doubt I'd work up the desire to go to China again. Why not hit all the countries while I'm here, eh? Damn Canadians got me saying "eh". So I found this "Elephants Nature Park" that you pay $68 to spend the day with Elephants. It includes your lunch and theirs. Mmmm, Thai food. You get in the water and you feed them. The ultimate trip for me would involve monkeys in Africa, but Elephants in Thailand would be just as nice. My friends Troy and Alwyn just went to Thailand for the solar New Yr and they had a great time; took a photo of a baby elephant in the street! They wore SHORTS in January! And everything's dirt cheap.

2 Comments:

Blogger T & A said...

Nicole - I can't remember a time when I didnt wear shorts in January. Wearing a heavy winter goat, gloves and a beanie is totally weird for January.

In Thailand there are about a 1000 places that do elephant experiences. You can even go on a week elephant trekking. On Koh Samui you could elephant trek, and then watch monkeys pick coconuts!
Yeah its pretty cool in Thailand!

Did you see the picks with the tigers?

alwyn

4:33 PM  
Blogger zanigirl said...

Tigers? Oh MY! No I didn't. I'd love to though. And you're making me wanna leave for Thailand tomorrow. stop it! :O)
thanks for the info

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home