Sunday, March 19, 2006


Zani Girl

Last week I received the best compliment ever ...in my life. I was sitting on the floor in our school's hallway, making fun of the five-year-olds I used to teach when my supervisor came and sat beside me. She asked if I've ever seen the film "Dead Poets Society". She then went on to tell me I'm like Robin Williams, when he makes the kids stand on their desks and shout.... breaking the rules of their school. An idealistic teacher stirs up the conformed waters of a 1959 prep school, inspiring his students to "suck the marrow out of life". A wonderfully acted and beautifully told story of the quest to maintain your individual identity and follow your dreams. He was their inspiration. He made their lives extraordinary. You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm different than most because I like to have fun and I love making others have fun. Some may perceive my behavior as bait for attention, but really it's just my fear of living inside the box.
So do yourself a favor, and live a little.

By the way, the same day I was told that I "look like Spider Man movie girl". I'd much rather be compared to Robin Williams than Kirsten Dunst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home