Sunday, February 26, 2006



Dahnbi

She's a crazy lil girl and I love her! Not only is Dahnbi one of my students, she's also the daughter of a foreign teacher I work with. Her mom, Taunya, is from Kansas (back in "the states") and been teaching in Korea for 8 years. Dahnbi is 6 years old and adorable! She hangs out with us a lot and comes out with the funniest things.

For instance, we all went to eat & have some drinks at a restaurant for a staff party. Our friend Mike joined us, even though he teaches at another school. He's my friend who dressed up as Santa Claus for our kids. Well Mike, Taunya, Greer, Dan, and I were walking down the street together and Dahnbi thought we weren't walking fast enough. She kept saying, "Come on!!! Let's go!" Finally she got assertive and said, "Mommy, Dan teacher, Greer teacher, Nicole teacher, Santa, LET's GO!" Mike was practically rollin on the sidewalk.

Then we all went to Cosco recently, Taunya's kind enough to let us use her membership card so we go as a group. We were squashed in an elevator with a cart full of food and a Korean couple. Dahnbi was kinda squashed against the wall so I asked if she was ok. She said, "Yes, but I can't move." Dan said, "You don't have to move, you're in an elevator." And she broke out with, "I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it!" That's a true sign that I'm her teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home