Saturday, June 24, 2006


Dae Ha Ming Guk!!!

which translates to Korea ,

but in literal terms it means

"Great Nation.”


{red sports teams}

I recently went to another Hanwha Eagles game here in Daejeon with some friends. We lost because of a bad call at the end and the fans waited outside the gates for the umpire. Guess Koreans aren't always peaceful.
Then there were the WORLD CUP SOCCER games, which were crazy! The people of this country take the world cup VERY seriously! You could hear cheers all throughout the dongs. Woke me up once! I love the people of this country, so I became an instant fan of the
Red Devils.
Our school gave us shirts and my students put Korean Flag tattoos all over me; I bought a red hankerchief to put my hair up and went to my friend Jenny's "foreigner's bar" to watch the game against Switzerland... which knocked us out of the tournament. Their goalie was like a superhero on crack. We lost 2-0.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home