Thursday, June 22, 2006


Bug Museum

There's a famous science park here in Daejeon with various exhibits, called Expo Park. We've been to body world, we're going to the water park soon, and we recently visited the bug museum. It was interesting. I adore butterflies with a passion. I prefer to see them flying (like the conservatory I visited with my sister, Angela, near Niagra Falls in Canada.) But now I've had the chance to appreciate the details and vast differences withing the species. There are SO many kinds of bugs out there I never knew exhisted: BIG, SCARY insects I would've mistaken for aliens had I ever chanced upon them in nature. OH MY GOD, you wouldn't believe the size of some of the bugs in Indonesia (East Asia), Malaysia(Southeast Asia), India (South Asia), Ecuador (South America), and other Nations. We even got to hold some live ones.



There were several of these beasts made of metal scraps just outside the museum. They were cool, but I couldn't make the connection with bugs.
The students seemed to grow more excited over everyday things than the actual exhibit. That's what I love about them. They were more interested in the ants crawling around while we waited for our bus than the bugs pinned down inside the museum. I also made the mistake of swinging from the trees and acting like a monkey. Now every day the kids chase me through the halls screaming, "TEACHER, MONKEY!!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home